Tree and Shrub Care
• Regular inspections of all landscape plants.
• Treatment of pest problems carefully timed for maximum control and minimum use of pesticides.
• Encouraging and Identify populations of “good bugs.”
• Plants prone to aphids, mites, and scale will be sprayed with horticultural oil early in the
• Spring to smother the eggs and adults of those pests.
What is IPM?
Integrated pest management (IPM) involves combining chemical treatments, cultural practices, and biological controls to manage pests at a level that will not show damage to plants.
This means it’s important for Broccolo to be on top of pest outbreaks before the populations get out of control.
Our friends at the Cornell Cooperative Extension have provided us with growing degree day information for most of our pests.